Improved security measures recommended for Alex Community Health Centre after a patient was brutally stabbed to death.
The crime, as reported in Help find the brazen clinic killers Week ending 8 June, allegedly committed by a mob shocked the nation. Two suspects have been arrested in connection with the incident which police have linked to another murder where a male victim was stoned minutes earlier at the Old Council building near Alexandra Magistrates’ Court in Wynberg. The arrested members, allegedly identified in CCTV footage, abandoned their bail application and are awaiting trial.
Health Department’s Sandile Gwayi said the stakeholders’ security recommendations are as follows:
- Installation of a turnstile to control pedestrian entry
- Increased police visibility
- CCTV camera installations at all strategic positions
- Panic buttons provided to security
- A mobile police station to be set up at the centre in the long term.