Meet the Miss South Africa regional qualifiers vying for the title of Miss South Africa 2018, one of whom will be crowned, on 27 May, at the pageant’s diamond jubilee, to be held at Sun International’s new flagship Time Square Sun Arena in Pretoria, in a spectacular event which will be televised live on M-Net.
The winner will take home more than R2 million in prizes.
The Miss South Africa 2018 regional qualifiers is an impressive group. Among them is a mechanical engineer, several medical and science students, those studying law and commerce and a news broadcaster.
The 28 regional qualifiers come from eight of the country’s provinces – nine from Gauteng; seven from KwaZulu Natal; three from the Eastern Cape; two each from the Free State, Mpumalanga, the Northern Cape and the Western Cape and one from Limpopo.
Here are the top 13 in alphabetical order:
- Akile Khoza (23) from Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga who is studying for her Masters in neuroscience at Stellenbosch University.
- Altina Vries (26), from Steinkopf in the Northern Cape, currently lives in Cape Town and works as a model.
- Anzelle van Staden (24), from Centurion in Gauteng, has a BComm degree from the Univeristy of Pretoria and is currently a full-time model.
- Avania Reddy (25) from Westville in KZN who is a mechanical engineer.
- Bryoni Govender (21), from Kempton Park in Gauteng, is a third year LLB student at the University of Johannesburg.
- Chanté Holloway (23), originally from Atlantis in the Western Cape and now residing in Johannesburg, studied at the New York Film Academy and works as an actress and model.
- Chanté Jantjies (25), from Northcliff in Gauteng, has a BComm in finance from Varsity College and works as a news anchor for the SABC.
- Daniellë de Jager (20) from Benoni, Gauteng, is currently studying biokinetics at the Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth.
- Danielle Wallace (25), originally from Mount Edgecombe in KZN and who has an honours degree in social sciences, works as a marketing account manager.
- Eureka Khambako (23), from Hazyview, Mpumalanga, is studying fifth-year medicine at Stellenbosch University.
- Karishma Ramdev (23), from Chatsworth in KZN, is a fifth-year medical student at the University of Pretoria.
- Leah Prinsloo (22), from Morningside in KZN, is a graphic designer.
- Lethukwenama Letsoalo (22) from Bergville, KZN, is studying fourth-year medicine at Stellenbosch University.