For eight years the Alex News has been the voice of the community. No-one else delivers news and advertising messages to 20 000 doorsteps in the Alex area every Thursday.
Independent research shows **32 percent of decision-makers living in the Alex area read the Alex News. 21 percent read The Daily Sun and 8 percent read The Sunday Times. There are 17 894 purchasing decision-makers in the area.
- ** Alex is a unique community within the northern suburbs, being the only black community.
- It is becoming wealthier. LSM 1-5 has decreased significantly since 2010, in other words from 19 percent to 3 percent. There has also been a decline in the number of households earning less than R3,999.00 per month, in other words 36 percent in 2010 to 25 percent in 2013
- Language-wise, Zulu (43 percent) is the most widely spoken language, followed by Sotho (17 percent) and Sepedi (16 percent)
- 94% of Alex decision-makers use a cellphone
- They are more likely to have children under the age of 6 in the home (23 percent versus 19 percent) and to shop monthly (67 percent versus 57 percent) than the average northern suburbs decision-maker.
*calculated at 2,5 readers per copy
**SOURCE ROOTS 2010
To cater for these demanding readers, the Alex News has a success formula of local community news. The newspaper pulls the community together by reporting on every newsworthy activity and event that happens within its distribution area. Its duty as a 'village noticeboard' is to inform and educate the local community.
The Alex News also offers its readers a choice of loose pamphlets from various retailers giving them enormous choice in their shopping decisions by showcasing the week’s specials and bargains.
The Alex News is the very best advertising medium to use if you want to reach this community in the northern suburbs. At a cost per 1000 copies of R 726.80 (based on a full page, black and white advert) it is extremely cost-effective to penetrate the Alex market due to us reaching every front door in Alex.
Call us now for a free consultation on how we can assist you with your advertising needs.